Starring: Morgan Kohan and Marcus Rosner
Summary: An interior designer returns to her hometown to help her aunt run her inn, but while working, she meets a handsome seaplane pilot.
Talk About Missing a Thumbprint!
Love on Harbor Island Has Fatal Flaws
- When you're trying to climb the corporate ladder and snag a promotion, like Lily wants, you don't take an indefinite time off from work. You bust your heinie!
- Lily keeps referencing how much work she is doing to refresh the inn, but in most scenes, she's sitting on her rear while everyone else is doing the labor.
- Where did Marcus get his fortune? An executive director of an animal shelter might earn between $50,000 and $60,000 annually, but that's not enough to buy a gazillion dollar inn, especially when your counter-offer is accepted over a big real estate company like Bradford's.
- Have you ever attended an Open House for a property? Never in my lifetime has a potential buyer gathered all the attendees to attention so he can publicly announce his intention to buy, like Dan does in the movie. How weird is that?
- Despite having zero personality, we're supposed to believe Lily has a silly side based on her wildly embarrassing high school dance reenactment in the kitchen scene?
- Marcus doesn't have a website and claims not to be able to operate digital devices, yet, boom! His rescue shelter has a computer right there on the front desk, and his assistant, Angus, seems quite computer literate.
- For the Lantern Festival, Lily only has two seconds to create a lantern, and she just happens to whip up one that looks exactly like the inn, almost as if it were pulled off a manufacturing assembly line. It's glaringly obvious this isn't homemade.
- Marcus thinks Lily has left town, so he's surprised to find her at the inn. Yet, he proceeds to tell her how he is fronting the capital for her to buy the inn and has already made a counter-offer for it in her name. What? Is that even legal? If it is, I'm going to head to a more upscale neighborhood and make an offer in some rich person's name so I can have a new house. Since Marcus thought Lily had returned to the city, when, exactly, was he planning to let her know of the life-altering plan he hatched without her input or permission?
Can You Be Honest?
#loveonharborisland #morgankohan #marcusrosner